Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Break Project

We bought the orange paint for Meg's room (her favorite color) a few weeks after Mom and Dad left for their mission. So, I guess it is fitting that we finally got her room painted a few weeks after they got back from their mission. It was a fun project to do. Of course, Meg being a 9 year old girl is a PACK RAT! I "volunteered" to clean her room for her so I could throw out three big black garbage backs of STUFF without the fight of sentimenality on Meg's part. Three big black bags to the trash and one big black bag to DI. Whew! It was a fun project... it was nice to have something to do to keep me busy and my mind occupied as we've gone through withdrawl after all of ya'll left! We sure had a great time with all of you. It was so great - we can't wait to see you Okies on your home turf next year (if things continue to go as planned)!


The view as you walk in the door, look to the left and around the room....





This used to be Janie's room, bakc when there were butterflies and flowers on the walls.... she said she wants her room back now. Meg's reply? Yeah, right!

3 comments:

Elder Tanner said...

How cool! Can you come and do my house now? I could use some of my sister's creative talents. We had so much fun on our trip. Our spring is bringing tornados. We have a possibility of having one tomorrow. The weathermen are going crazy. The have such huge egos.

Tennesseeans said...

I think it looks great!
Meg is a Born Tennessee fan, and a Lady Vols fan to boot. Their colors are orange and light blue.
I see a bright orange shirt in Meg's future, and it might just have a "power T" on it.

Cindy said...

It turned out awesome!! So fitting for Meg. Good job! I'm with Chris. Could you come to my house and do something to Cade's room? How did you get so creative?