Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Speechless

Knock , knock....who's there....nobody....nobody who??.... ..................



I think everyone is speechless now that Zack is gone!!!
We shall miss him but we know he's in the right place. You all are in are prayers always, but now the Tanners have a special place...love you folks.

Lovely Idaho has dished us a week of cold weather, our expected high today is 56 wahoo, last week at the same time we were in the 80's.

Sunday we were invited by Bishop Kelley to take part in a little ward expiriment, he asked us to not purchase any groceries for 2 weeks. To work as a ward and live off of our food storage. It is a good wake up call and will be interesting to see to the end.

G'day and Godbless

Russ T Gold

4 comments:

Dale T. said...

Uncle Rusty,

Thanks for your thoughts. It is all very exciting. I find myself running to the computer on Mondays, waiting for his email, much the same way I did 23 years ago waiting for the póstmaðurinn (mailman) to deliver my mail from home...The house isn't the same without him....it's quieter.

Uncle Dale

The Gold Gang said...

Shall we open a new blog page for Zach? Tallahassee Mission Letters?

What have you heard from the tall man?

The Gold Gang said...

And this experiment from our bishop caused quite a stir! Here it is, Sunday morning, and we are asked not to make any food purchases (not a soda from Elmos, not a burger at Wendy's, nothing). Many of the ladies I spoke to after Sacrament Meeting were lamenting that they had not gone grocery shopping the day before but were planning to stock up on eggs and milk and cheese on Monday or Tuesday. Not even the bishop's wife knew this was coming! The hope is that as a ward, we will care for each other, share, connect, make sure we're all doing OK, and also take stock of what we do or do not have enough of in our storage.

I feel, however, like we are cheating since we are leaving town halfway through the experiment - the most difficult half, when we would really feel the pinch and need to depend on ourselves and neighbors. I did stock up on some of the basic items Saturday night, so this is like a regular week for us. In many ways I am sorry that we aren't going to be here to participate in that. Know what I mean?

Nater said...

It's amazing how much you look forward to letters/correspondence when you are on a mission or away from home. I remember thinking on my mission that I would write 50 letters to every missionary that I knew. Sorry mom and dad, I'm probably not going to make it. How fast we forget.