Thursday, June 05, 2008

Looking to the Future


Fifteen years down, FIFTY to go.

So things are improving on our home front. I have one more nasty, super-antibiotic to swallow and I'm DONE! CURED (hopefully) from my "bout with Sepsis" as my doctor says, or E-Coli as my specific infection is commonly termed. It has taken two long weeks, but I'm beginning to feel some strength and energy again. I even did a little yard work the other day... and then I had to come in and take a nap, but, HEY, it's an improvement. So, I am grateful. So grateful for Heavenly Father's hand in all of this, in discovering it so timely and for the healing I feel inside and out. I am so, so grateful - thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. LOVE YOU GUYS!

6 comments:

Elder Tanner said...

So glad to hear that you're finally feeling better and even more so that they finally figured out what the real problem was. Sorry I was such a slug and didn't even call. You were in my thoughts and prayers though. Congrats on 15 years. I bet like us you find that you are in the minority for making it this far. What a blessing to have someone to share all that life has to offer with.

The Gold Gang said...

Absolutely. Being married fifteen years today is like being married for 30 years when we were kids! And, yes, it is a blessing that clearly not many people have to enjoy spending your life with your best friend! And thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It's been a long road - and I am more and more impatient with how long it is taking to get my full strength and energy back. I have to keep remembering how grateful I am!

Dale T. said...

WHAT are you guys looking at??

Nater said...

I think it's pretty rude to avoid looking at someone when you talk to them :) j/k
Congratulations on 15 years!
Now I miss Cindy and my kids again. Give them a hug for me will you :'(
I'm glad you're feeling better!
What are you guys looking at?
How are the kittens?
Why aren't you smiling?
What message are you trying to send by not smiling?
Are you too cool to smile?
I hope you both smile when I see you this weekend!
I think you both have wonderful smiles; when you smile.
Nice tie Russ.
Pretty ear rings Camille.
You guys are lucky. When I turn my head like that I have a double chin.
Are you wondering when my random comments will run out?
Well they've run out.
Love you guys :)!

The Gold Gang said...

This picture is supposed to be a "sarcastic tribute" to the dorky announcement poses of the 90's. We took it at the Second Chance Prom in April. So, I posted it on the blog for Russ's family and they all commented on how beautiful the picture was.

I guess they didn't get the joke.
Woopsee!

PS. The kittens are doing FINE! Thanks for asking.

Tennesseeans said...

Who had kittens?????