Wednesday, October 22, 2008

For anyone who has worked in a school or...

...just wants a good laugh.

SCHOOL TEACHERS, I BET YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD HEARD AND SEEN IT ALL!!
OKAY.

How would you pronounce this child's name?

Le-a (written just like that)

Leah?? NO Lee - A??
NOPE Lay - a??
NO Lei?? Guess Again.

It's pronounced 'Ledasha' Oh yes...you read it right. This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. SO, if you see something come across your desk like this, please remember to pronounce it correctly. When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said 'the dash don't be silent'


I laughed so hard at this. I think I could name a few parents that fit this mold.

2 comments:

The Gold Gang said...

Good Grief! That is crazy hilarious. I didn't even know the - was used in phonetics. Hooked on Phonics works for me!

Elder Tanner said...

That would be "Hooked on Ebonics"