Friday, November 17, 2006

Funny Story to Share

OK - viewer discretion is advised, although the things you will read next are all true.

Janie, I am sad to say, is not the best reader, but we are working on it. The other day we were doing just that, working on her reading, which was PAINFULLY slow as beginning reading always is. Janie was sounding out words and I was trying to focus on being patient. While sounding things out, she accidentally put two words together and said out loud,"S - H - I - *. Sh**." I laughed out loud, tried to calm myself, and then corrected her, adding that that word is not a nice word, it is a swear word, although I know she wasn't swearing, but she should avoid saying that word in the future. Well, Janie burst into tears, wailing that she just swore. I couldn't control myself and burst into fits of laughter again. She was so angry that I was laughing that she stormed from the room and climbed into bed where she cried herself to sleep, but only after Meg consolingly told her, "I know, Janie. Mom laughs at me, too sometimes." The reproof still didn't stop me from laughing. I'm still laughing.

3 comments:

Dale T. said...

This is a great story...So cute!

Tennesseeans said...

This reminds me of a time when we were sitting at the bar for dinner when Zach was 4 or 5 years old. Zach asked for something. I can't remember what it was but when I told Zach no he called me a name which isn't exactly appropriate to put into text. While Chris was busy "explaining" to Zach that what he had done was wrong, LeAnn and I had were laughing so hard we had to go into the other room so Zach wouldn't see us laughing about it.

SupermanOfOKC said...

my life as a comedic genius began early...what can i say?