Friday, October 12, 2007

Business Account

I opened a small business account the day before yesterday, and it was just such an exciting and official feeling I had to share it with you all. My little Acting & Theater classes - the business is called Class Act - is doing well. I have 30 students, several of them in more than one class. I still feel good about teaching those classes - I feel in many ways that right now we are being asked to STRETCH as a family. This week we have been stretched nearly to the breaking point! Brian wanted an update - so here is the week in review:

On Monday Henry worked on the roof at the house in Shelley all day and then had football practice until 8:00pm. Monday was our last day of harvest break, so we wanted to get to bed early, but with football & then dinner & FHE we didn't get to bed until 10:30. Russ still wasn't home from work, due to some complications out at the site, and ended up pulling an all nighter - he slept at the site and had a can of soup for breakfast on Tuesday. Tuesday was the first day back to school (and work for me at Sunrise Elementary). Henry started wrestling that day after school and went directly from wrestling to football practice. While Henry was at football, we took Kitty to her "boyfriend" in Idaho Falls - we're hoping our Kitty will have puppies (we think we're so funny). Then we rushed back to get ready for roadshow practice after mutal, that went from 8:30 - 9:30 and once again we had a late dinner and went to bed late. Wednesday, Henry didn't go to wrestling because he had his FINAL football game that night, but I had my first day with Stake Young Women's basketball after school, so I didn't get home until 45 minutes before we had to leave again. Henry won his game - HOORAY - but wanted to stay after to watch the other 7th grade team (the better team) play the game after his. So Russ and the kids stayed to watch the game while I went to Stake Choir practice at 8:30pm. After the game and choir, we went home to another late dinner and bed after 11:00pm. Thursday, I drove the kids to school after letting them sleep in a bit. I came home and added all of Henry's wrestling tournaments & practices to my calendar (Sam's wrestling schedule will come next week) and went to work. After work, I ran errands and then taught Class Act for 3 1/2 hours, Henry walked to the theater from wrestling and Meg walked to the park from the theater for her football game. After my last class, I hurried over to the city park to see the very end of Meg's game - Russ was already there - then we went up to Idaho Falls to pick up Kitty from her boyfriend's house. They had been working hard, so we celebrated with pizza and actually made it home and in bed by 9:00. So, today I will go to work and Russ will work at the house in Shelley with Boyd. After work, I will take Janie, Meg, & Sam to the dentist. Henry will wrestle then go to a friend's slumber party without actually sleeping over because we have roadshow practice at 7:30 am on Saturday, after which we will probably drive to Preston, ID for our nephew's baptism. WHEW! Does this stretching schedule sound familiar to any of you?

The good thing is that football is all but over. Meg's last game is Tuesday and then we're done. But wrestling starts, so we're never out of the fire for very long. We've made a conscious effort to cut back on activities and extras - so this is our schedule cut back (we eliminated Power Tap, Dancing, & Fencing). It is just a busy time in our lives right now. Life is always CRAZY - different kinds of crazy, but always crazy. Whether it's little babies and sleepless nights or driving yourself mad driving your kids everywhere they need to be or sleepless nights caused by night owl teenagers.... it's all CRAZY!

So, we might as well buckle in and enjoy the ride.
Love you all! Camille

3 comments:

Tennesseeans said...

Camille -

Can you bottle up some of your energy send it this way for me?? I'm exhausted just reading about your day - I NEED A NAP!!!

It's fun to hear about everything that is going on in your lives. Thanks for the update.

Hope you all are doing good. . . and getting some rest in between your activities. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love to y'all -
Kathy

Elder Tanner said...

Someone at work said today, remember the day when you used to wish you had somewhere to go? Now you just wish you had a night that you didn't have anywhere to go. Amen to that.

It sounds like you are busy and happy. That's what is important. Where are you teaching your classes?

The Gold Gang said...

Chris - sorry it took me so long to reply. The roadshow and football officially met their end last night - hooray!

I am teaching my acting classes at the newly renovated Virginia Theater. I will help with one show each year in exchange for the space. Plus, the owner's kids take the classes for free. So it's a good deal for me!

The bad news, we have to work around whatever set and scenery they have up for their current show - right now, that is a haunted theater, so it's a bit messy, but it works.

Thanks for asking & being interested.

LOVE YOU!