Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Green Duck ...that Got Away

My brother Sean, my Dad and I went Goose/Duck hunting on opening day yesterday. I got the picture perfect shot at a mallard. He dropped and we had Cocoa (Seans' dog) go get him for practice, the poor dog is still pretty new at this hunting thing. As we continued to hunt I set him down to shoot again I heard a big splash only to discover that the rascal had hopped in the river. I shot him again....and he floated off down the river. We tried all we could to get Cocoa to fetch him or to find a stick to fish him out but it was all to no avail. My first green head got away :-( So goes hunting I guess!!

So what did you all think of conference?? What a humbling thing to be taught by all these great men! I think Elder Eyring is such a great example of humble leadership, we are truly blessed. President Hinckley is still so sharp for a seasoned Prophet, he never ceases to make us laugh as he instructs. Hope you all have a great day!

~Russ

1 comment:

Nater said...

I believe you Russ. Sure you got one :)

Conference was great! I loved the story about procrastination and the Bacardi rum recipe (priesthood session sorry. If your husbands haven’t already told it to you ask them to).

Just a good overall feeling of work hard, have faith, do all you can, ask for the Lords help and he’s always there to bless you. I loved it.