Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ramblings

Well, fellow fridge-gazers, gazers for short (not to be confused with geezers), how the heck are ya?! I'm having a peachy day at work today. But here during my lunch I just felt the need to BLOG a bit. Camille and I saw the new movie The Prestige last friday. There's a good flick for ya. Great twisting plot, kind of an Alfred Hitchcock type. You can never really predict whats going to happen, and then in the end... its one of those "things that make ya go HMMM!"
So how about books? I need a new novel. Of course that converstation could last forever with "how about the Harry Potter series? Nope read that one......" So maybe we'll have to post a list of favorite books or something.

Deep thought for the day. Numbers are amazing. One of my favorite little "jokes" says;

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who dont.

The joke here, is that one-zero, or what most of us recognize as ten, is binary for two, and only those who understand binary will get the joke. But, what about A? A is actually the Hexideciamal representation for...ten. So if someone holds up ten fingers and asks how many fingers am I holding up you could say A, or 1010 which is binary for ten OR 12 which is Octal for ten. Yea, Yea Ok, I'll shut-up.... I did warn you that it was the deep thought for the day.
G'day and Godbless ~Russ

4 comments:

Tennesseeans said...

You have way too much time on your hands Russ.
I did get the binary joke before I read the explanation. Does that mean I'm a geek too?

The Gold Gang said...

Geek? Who said I was a geek?

Tennesseeans said...

The fact that you talk binary when making a joke makes you a geek.

Tennesseeans said...

Russ,
I gave the 10 joke to the IT guys at work. They got a pretty good laugh out of it. Some of the other people at work wanted me to explain and as you can guess it ruined it because it had to be explained to them. Those of us who do understand it got a good laugh at those who didn't. Does that make us bad people? I guess it's kind of a "Revenge of the Nerds" type of justice though. LOL