Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The quest for Dad's Christmas present

Dad, Don't read this until after you get your box.

I couldn't decide what to send to Dad for Christmas. Our chocolate would be nasty compared to chocolate from Germany. I finally decided to get him some Red Hots. A seemingly simple purchase. No, not even close. I guess there is a tea recipe that uses Red Hots that a lot of people make at Christmas time to give to friends. I went to 3 stores and gave up. I called Zach, he was with Stacy not doing too much, and asked him if he was interested in a quest. He said he was up for the quest. He asked if I had been to the mall. Why would I go there for Red Hots? About an hour later I got a text message saying that he had succeeded and it only cost $13. Yep, he found them at the mall. Nothing's too good for my Dad.

1 comment:

Tennesseeans said...

You have to look at this from his, Zach's, point of view. He knew you would pay him back with YOUR money so he bought them at the first place he could think of. That just happened to be the most expensive place. If it was his money he would have spent at least an hour online finding the best deal and probably would have paid about 99 cents a pound.