Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'VE DECIDED I'M TIRED OF HAVING THE ONLY BIRTHDAY IN FEBRUARY!!!

That being said, Cindy, you're just going to have to make a baby in May.
Nate, you'd better write this down. And Cindy..........don't be early!
Got it?.............Good!

Now that we've got that behind us I thought I'd tell you how my first day of school was.
Well, I have a communications and a writing class, typical for somebody just starting college because you need to learn to communicate and write like they want you to it college.
The first class went of without a hitch. The instructor put their information on the website, we responded to it and all is well.
The second class, now that's another story.
I still haven't seen any sign of my instructor. I called my academic advisor and they said they had never known this to happen before. He put me on hold. After a short time came back, let me know they'll have a new instructor assigned as soon as they can but to keep posting my assignments as listed in the syllabus. Great, right? Hopefully the next person will be a little better than this one.
Just think, this time next year they'll give me a piece of paper that tells me I'm smart. About 18 months after that they'll give me one that tells me I'm even smart enough to deserve a pay raise and tell a few people what to do. If I'm still motivated at that point I'll keep going and about 18 months later they'll give me a piece of paper telling me I'm smart enough to get an even bigger raise and tell even more people what to do. I see a vicious cycle here.

10 comments:

Elder Tanner said...

I'm proud of you Brian for going after that "smart" paper. It feels so good when you get it. I have an associate's and it feels good to be "smart".

Stay strong and get 'er done.

Elder Tanner said...

I'm proud of you Brian for going after that "smart" paper. It feels so good when you get it. I have an associate's and it feels good to be "smart".

Stay strong and get 'er done.

Tennesseeans said...

Oh, great!
My sister is starting to repeat herself and quote Larry the Cable Guy.
Before you know it she'll be watching NASCAR and eating pork rinds.

Dale T. said...

Pass the pork rinds and mustard greens, sugar.....Man, I hate that Jeff Gordan feller...

The Gold Gang said...

I'm proud of you, too, brother!

It makes me jealous, though. It sounds like you'll have your BA before I even save enough to start my classes! The good news, the goal (finishing my degree) is in my sights, which it hasn't been for nearly 10 years.

So, are you taking classes on campus, via internet, extension office? Gimmme the juicy details!

Tennesseeans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tennesseeans said...

It's all online through the University of Phoenix. Not to brag about myself but I think I'm probly one of the top two in my classes. There are people who actually can't make up a sentence with proper grammar. I guess that's why they make you start from the beginning, so everybody can be on the same page and on the same level as the classes progress into degree related topics.

Nater said...

Ya have ta yoos propper grammer to become a college graggiat? Now I'm never gonna get that darn "smart" paper. Duh!
So who deleted their comment? There's no deleting comments! I feel like I was just cheated out of a great potential laugh.
And Cindy is proud of you too Brian :)

Tennesseeans said...

It was me who deleted the comment. Kathy was giving me a hard time about mispelling a word after what had I said so I had to change it.

Elder Tanner said...

Better work on that grammar too :)