Saturday, August 04, 2007

The work continues


BEFORE: with the ugly, nasty door....


AFTER: with the beautiful new door and window with doggie door below.



New open concept and an office for Dale with a smaller formal living room.

I need help!!! I can't decide which colors to paint. I was thinking of changing the red in the living room and painting red in the kitchen area with a lighter complimentary color in the dining room/family room area. Tell me what you think...
Nate and Jason, you're votes don't count :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tennesseeans said...

Whatever you do, start with small sample cans. What you think will look good in the store might look awful once you start painting. I'd paint everything with a white base coat. You'll probably have to do this anywasy. You'll probably have to do 2 coats over the dark colors then start with your samples. Kathy and I went through about 6 sample colors before we decided on the colors to paint the outside of our house with. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get color cards, lots and lots of them. The brochures and cards give you a good starting point but you won't really know until you get samples. $30 or $40 worth of samples is a lot better than $200 worth of colors you hate once you get them up.

Elder Tanner said...

Do you want to come help me? :)

Tennesseeans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tennesseeans said...

To be honest with you, no I don't want to help. As Kathy said, we still have projects ahead of us.
I love you and all but drywall and painting aren't two of my favorite things.
I think I want to build an aquarium into the wall. What do you think of that?

Elder Tanner said...

That sounds awesome. I always liked the one we had in Boise. Good luck with that.