Saturday, August 18, 2007

Repentance

Dearest Family,

Please forgive us for being truants with this blog. We have really good excuses, I promise! I was down for a full week with a variety of infections and then the kids were starting school and we were organizing and finding those last minute rulers and socks and other school things. So, please forgive us.


In other news, I had a first day of school, too! I'm not enrolled at a university to finish my education - although that is in the 5-10 year plan. I had my first day working as the Skill Building Coach at Sunrise Elementary, Janie's school. I work 4 hours a day, from 10-2 and I help kids learn to build skills for success. In other words, when a child is naughty or disruptive, they come to me and I try to teach them another way to handle those situations. It's a little scary, leaving home to go back to work - and to be working with the types of kids I'll get to see on a regular basis - and I had a lot of mixed feelings about it, although I didn't feel doubt, like it was the wrong thing for me to do, just nervous and a little fear. But Heavenly Father confirmed that this is where I am supposed to be right now in the traditional First Day of School Father's/Husband's Blessings Russ gave us Wednesday night. I still have some apprehension because I am in many ways building this program for the school, but I no longer fear or worry. I feel peaceful because I know it is the right thing right now. Isn't the gospel of Jesus Christ so wonderful? I am so grateful to have access to the same priesthood used by Jesus Christ, Peter, James, and the other apostles to bless, heal, and comfort. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven who knows and loves us individually. The blessings Russ offered from Heavenly Father the other night were as unique as the person sitting beneath his hands. Heavenly Father spoke to eadh of us, through my dearest Russell, about things so personal to us, our worries, our weaknesses, our strengths. It was a powerful and spiritual experience for all of us, and I am sure many of you have had or will have similar experiences this year!
OK, I hope this letter will suffice as sincere repentance. I'll even add a video clip to seal the deal.




Love you all! Camille


PS - Brian, what is this that I read in Dad's letter? Are you going back to school, too?

6 comments:

Tennesseeans said...

Camille,
Just think about how mild and well mannered your own children will seem after dealing with naughty children all day long. Hopefully you won't be getting your own children in there any time.

Love you
Brian

The Gold Gang said...

Brian,

Is the video clip showing up for you? I think I may have killed it. It's all black for me.

And you didn't answer my question, silly. Are you going back to school?

Tennesseeans said...

I can see the video just fine. Maybe you've been black listed. LOL (black screen - black listed)

I don't know about going "back" to school unless you want to count high school as my previous school. I've never been to college.
Back to the original question, I am going to school starting this coming Monday.

Tennesseeans said...

Hey Camille -
Thanks for the video and the pictures. Brought a smile to my face!! Plus it helps me to get to know what everyone looks like and who they are. Hopefully that will be resolved with a trip to Idaho next summer!
Have a great day and CONGRATS on the job. I'm sure you'll do great!
Love - Kathy

Dale T. said...

What a beautiful bunch. How lucky I am to have such wonderful nieces and nephews....Can't wait to see you guys again..

Uncle Dale

Nater said...

What a studious bunch we all are :) I start school too, tomorrow. So how is everyones classes or lessons going? My professor already assigned us 4 chapters, an online test, and a Harvard Business Review artical; all of which need to be completed before class tomorrow night. Brutal (I'm not an english major and don't honestly know if that is how brutal is spelt) :)